Monday, April 06, 2009

If I had one wish.......

So, you all know my birthday was Saturday.....it was a really great birthday, with all kinds of happenings that make good stories....I'll post about them, sort of one at a time, (especially since I have vowed to post daily) because I think because they each deserve their own attention...............but for now I will skip right to the end of the day.......right around 9:30 or so in the pm........
Mark bought me a beautiful, delicious cake.....that is a story by itself, so stay tuned to hear about that.......anyways.....after receiving a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday, making a wish, and blowing out the candles, I was contemplating the thought of swiping my finger through the frosting and leaving obvious evidence that I wasn't able to resist the fudge cake so close to my face........then the thought occured to me that lots of little kids just dig right into their cakes without caring whether they might get in "trouble" or not.....which naturally led to the idea........"Hey! I'm 56 today! Who is going to tell me I can't take a big bite out of MY OWN birthday cake!" Right???? So..............


4 comments:

jeff said...

"Did you just take a bite out of it?"
"No"
The denial is the best part, with cake all over your face. I lol'd

cricket said...

I love it!!!! You go girl

Granelda Thudpucker said...

Yeah!...that's my sister. :):)

Mrs. Doctor said...

I totally agree that the "no" at the end is the best. So quick, the "no." :)