Monday, July 09, 2007


So it's Monday night and we are sitting out in the back yard on my wonderful swing. I got this fabulous swing/bed/hammocky futon for my birthday. I could spend my entire life out lounging in the back yard. Technically, its not my backyard, but since we are the caretakers, it it ours by default.....and it's great. We had a wonderful 4th of July gathering of friends for an ice cream social, and then we showed a movie on a screen we built out of some pop tops and horse glue...I mean a sheet and some 2x2's....it was great...fortunately, our neighbors were all away watching big fireworks displays, so we could have the volume up nice and loud and no one complained...we watched........what else??? "Independence Day" was the feature at the Taylor walk-up movie and ice cream emporium...it was great fun, but a late, late evening...I wound up as hung over as if I'd been drinkin'....whoosh...

1 comment:

Miss Five said...

"Whoosh..."

Mom - are you swooping away in your cape?

The backyard is amazing. Smelling the jasmine is one of the best things in the world.