Friday, July 13, 2007

Rubic's Cubicle



So....three or four months ago, my office space was re-arranged when we aquired some hand-me-down office fixtures from our parent company. It was difficult and challenging to move things around, but we got it done and it looked sort of newish, and different, and kinda nice...then, I swear, barely two weeks later the guy who runs the office next door came ove to offer us very nice cubicle/office fixtures FOR FREE if we wanted them......much nicer than what we already had......GAD! I thought, why couldn't he have offered just a couple of weeks earlier.......my boss said NO, but my co-worker Jeff and I said YES. So, my boss said as long as he didn't have to be any part of the moving, hupping, shoving, pounding, and cussing...we could go ahead.

The neighbors brought the "stuff" over last week, Nader went on vacation this week, and Jeff and I tore our cubicles down and rebuilt them from the ground up.....giving us much greater appreciation for Rome and all their days.......

Jeff's space is almost completely back to normal...mine isn't.....after two days, it still bad....really bad......and the worst of it is that I lost the counter that held all my beautiful plants....no one believed I would every really make a change that would eliminate my jungle, but I am nothing, if not flexible......besides, I have a new plant plan....I'm going to surround myself with my wonderful green and blooming plants in a whole way.....you won't recognize me!!! You'll be asking yourself......hmmmmmmm, what's different?....did she lose weight? Get a haircut? New glasses??? But it will just be my new floral display!!! Seriously!

Keep checking back...I'm going to have a picture posted soon showing off the new "shading type of arrangement" but I can't do it before things get spiffed.......I only mention all of this because I'm pooped! The last couple of days have wored me right out........BUT the silver linging ito all of this is that the wind is NOT blowing.....

1 comment:

Miss Five said...

Turning phrase wizard!