Saturday, December 29, 2007

Once there was a Snowman, Snowman, Snowman...

It occurred to me today that in the thirty years since Mark and I have spent Christmas away from Idaho Falls, not one member of our family has been to our house to see it all decked out for Christmas....Now, we ain't Martha Stewart, but we do our best to make our place as festive as possible...and our desecrations are fraught with tradition.....some things we have had since our our first Christmas together...we still have the same stockings to hang by the chimbley with care, the same tree skirt (no bare naked trees in THIS house!)and the original Frosty and Mrs. Snowman I made in Relief Society before we even had kids.....trust me, they've seen better days, but they will NEVER retire.....they started my Snowman collection. This house has a space over the fireplace for a television...kind of a box type thing that most folks would use for their T and V....but our screen won't fit in there, so we use it as a display box of sorts.....depending on the season, it holds Hallowe'en, or Easter, or Patriotic stuff....when there's no particular season, it holds a lot of my Rooster and Chicken collection. Right now it is Snowmen....



Now, I love all my snowmen...every year there is a new addition, and this year beats just about anything we've ever seen...our dear friends, The Boersmas found this little beauty, and immediately identified these folks as Debbie and Mark!!! We totally agree and couldn't be more delighted with this very special addition!!! Watch this little video, and you'll see the remsemblence, yes???


Now, don't you feel like you have been to our house....ALMOST???

5 comments:

MKB said...

I think it is a little RUDE that you won't let your tree go naked in your house but you can?

Trixie L'Amour said...

Hey...mkb....have you SEEN a naked tree???????

Mrs. Doctor said...

Hey, I can now say that I have been to the Taylor's house at Christmas time......ALMOST. Love the collection.

Art said...

The snow-people (can you really call them snowmen when one is obviously female?) are AMAZING! I actually believed for a few seconds that it was M&D singing! Oh, man, I can't wait to get back to the auction and start looking for snowman stuff. No longer will it simply be the hunt for chickens. Merry Christmas!

Granelda Thudpucker said...

I went to the Taylors for Christmas....ALMOST. Don't be surprised of Steve and Truman come.....ALMOST.