Friday, November 16, 2007

I’ve been DUP’d



This past Wednesday was the November meeting of the Sunny Oaks Camp of the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers…of which I am one…..thanks to my sister. Connie has been affiliated with the DUP for a number of years, now. She is a great asset to her Camp…even serving as an officer when she made it very clear she was not interested or available....sometimes that's the worst thing you can say to get out of something……………and in order to receive her Three Generation Pin, our mother had to be a member…..Now, our Grandmother was a very active participant for many years, so it comes as a bit of surprise that our own mother never joined up…but never one to deny her children anything within her power, she dutifully signed on the dotted line earlier this year……….and not to be left behind, Chanel and I quickly fell into step………and it is really quite fun….we already know and admire a few of the Camp members, and we are quickly becoming acquainted with the rest……….how quickly, you ask?? So quickly that we hosted this month's meeting………meaning we provided the lunch……..we served Ham, Sweet Potatoes, Spinach Salad, Rolls, and Apple Cobbler for dessert……….it was delish………and we got a lot of compliments……….I think we passed the audition…….so, now we just get to go enjoy………….so, for anyone who cares, I can happily add to my resume: I'M A DAUGHTER OF THOSE GRAND OLD PIONEERS!!!

2 comments:

Granelda Thudpucker said...

I am so proud of you!!! The camp is so lucky to have you. They hit the jackpot with you guys joining. Wish you were in my camp. Congrats on the successful lunch.

MKB said...

Yeah! good for you and chanel hosting the lunch! i be it was a hoot with you two!