Saturday, July 17, 2010

Not as easy as it looks.....

We have company.....Five teenagers, to be exact.
Of course, you know that if I have a reputation for anything, it has got to be for LOVING the idea of sleepovers......
I never wanted to spend the night at someone else's house when I was a kid, and that carried over to adulthood....never really liked spending the night at strangers homes. I like staying at my sister's house and my childhood home, no problemo......probably just another of the many nueroses I suffer.....anyhoot....that also applies to people staying over in my own house.....I'm very insecure about the bed, the bedroom accomodations, and the bathroom for guests.....I don't like strangers in my private space and I consider all the bedrooms in my home private space.....
I tell you that to tell you this: Some friends of Alexis/Geoff from Reno asked if their kids could stay overnight with us on their way to EFY (Especially for Youth)Conference in Forest Grove. Forest Grove is about 30 or 40 minutes away....the kids had to be there bright and early last Monday morning....
What started out as 2 turned into 5 when all was said and done.....We had 2 kids here Saturday night, with the other 3 arriving on Sunday. They were gone all week, but had to check out of the facilities at Pacific University by 7:30am this morning. Oh, and did I mention that since there were more of them than originally planned, they didn't have enough room in the car they brought for all the people and belongings....by luck, Mark was off work last Monday morning and could drive some of them out to FG. But I'll let you do the math, they also needed help getting home.....good thing Alexis was available....Geoff is working the Farmer's Market, Mark is at work, and me.....well, I'm just not available....
The "not as easy" part is that only 1 of them is going back to Reno tonight...he's flying out sometime today...the rest of them want to sight-see and explore the Pacific Northwest, so they are staying until Wednesday morning.........I KNOW, RIGHT????? Blow up mattresses and bedding, suitcases and bags...all around the house until then....not as easy as it looks.....the kids don't seem to mind, but then, they are kids......
Another person might roll with the punches and not care....Kyle and I, on the other hand, are doing our best to keep perspective...it's not like we have to be in charge, you know? G/A are being great about entertaining them, like taking them to Saturday Market and stuff....but I just wanted to say, it's not as easy as it looks......

3 comments:

Reyna said...

It sounds like you need a poster of a little kitty hanging from a tree that says, "Hang in There".

I love you!

Mrs. Doctor said...

One more day.....you can do it!

Granelda Thudpucker said...

You survived it:) ........right?....you and Kyle. I can sign your voucher that you never did like sleepovers.