Friday, September 30, 2005

And I shook it at her...

And I said...............Chanel, dis blog's fa yuu!

Apparently, one must blog long and often to stay in the good graces of those who lovingly search for updated writings.

It's Friday afternoon. As my work week ends, my work weekend at home quickly fills with just one item on the old skedoolie.....Laundry.

Now, some might say I have a laundry fetish...and they might be right.My family has slowly come to realize that I have a genuine "thing" about my clothes and how they are laundered. And yes, it might border on psychotic, but I prefer to think of it as careful and meticulous in the care and upkeep of my wardrobe. I subscribe to the theory that it is not quantity, it is truly quality when it comes to the wash.

Now I've heard every story and disdainful comment from those who claim to do their wash in just two loads...lights and darks....the cliched "pink" load of whites.......blah, blah, blah.....the fact of the matter is, you MUST (and this is the part I want to emphasize) MUST separate your articles of clothing into . Some claim to quickly empty their hamper without so much as a thought to water temperature, tub load size, the correct wash/rinse cycle or the exact amount of detergent for the specific load...and believe me, there is a science to all of that! My rantings have finally sunk in..........no one touches my laundry but me....

Lest you think I don't put as much thought into how I dry my wash, don't worry. I concentrate even more on properly drying than washing, I'll wager. Not everything goes into the dryer...and when you hang things to dry, there is a delicate art to shaping the garment just so as to maximize it's life and appearance....I'm a master, but it's taken me years to pefect my craft. it's too detailed and complicated to go into here, but suffice to say, I never vary, I never stray, I never shorttcut, and I never fail to bitch and moan if someone else in my family "does it wrong."

The way I figure it, I've got about twelve to fourteen loads of wash to do this weekend...I'll start tonight and see how far I get. I never panic if I don't have an empty laundry basket by Sunday night...like I said, it's quality, not quantity.So many clothes, so little time............................Besides,there's always next weekend...

1 comment:

Miss Five said...

Oh...at least Karen left a note...The old Trixter here will just yell and sigh. You think I'm kidding.

Hooray for an update...a whole week is far too long.